English French Spanish

Day 25 - Acting Out/Staying Sexually Clean

Becoming aware of our time and activities.


Workbook day 25 (PDF content)

Day 25
Acting Out/Staying Sexually Clean
-------------------


It has been said that 99% of all men struggle with lust and the other 1% are lying. Remaining sexually pure is work. It requires action and a commitment to continual action to walk in the victory over lust, pornography, and the other bondage the devil wants to inflict. Here are a few keys and scriptures we can keep in mind.

  1. Be aware of what is influencing you. Cut off the negative.

    “If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.” - Matthew 5:29 - 30 (NIV)

    Jesus is not talking about physical mutilation; He is speaking about what is influencing us and what we are doing with those influences. We have discussed a lot about what we allow to influence us. Now would be a good time to review how successful you are at cutting off those influences that hinder you and cause you to stumble. Have you cut them off at the root?

    Q: Note some of your successes here.
    Q: Are there still things around you that cause you to stumble? What are they?

    Please check out Steve Gallagher’s amazing article called, “The Dangerous Mindset of Lust” at purelifeministries.org.

  2. Flee Sexual Immorality

    “Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually sins against their own body.” - 1 Corinthians 6:18 (NIV)
    You have probably have heard this again and again: RUN away.

    Q: Make a list of safe places and people you go to or call when temptation gets “too much.”
    Places you can go: | People you can call:

  3. Devote. Devote means to give large portions of your time, talents, and energy to something or someone. You decide what you are going to be devoted to and where your time, talents, and energy are going to go.

    “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” - Colossians 4:2 (NIV)
    Q: What and where is your time devoted?
    Q: Identify your talents and where you are placing them?

    A lot of energy and many hours are wasted on the internet by “surfing” and doing nothing constructive.

    Q: Can you identify any wasted hours that can be re-directed to family activities?


  4. Turn from Evil

    “Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.” - Psalm 34:14 (NIV)

    There are three action steps in this verse; turn, seek, and pursue. The Bible says that we are to turn, which is to change our position. This verse gives us the direction of the Lord about changing our position. Go do something good! Get involved in good things in the community or at church.

    Next we are to seek peace and pursue it. Peace is one of the greatest spiritual weapons we have. When you possess peace, the devil cannot disrupt your emotions and place you in bondage. Jesus is the Prince of Peace! There is no peace when men are bound up in pornography and acting out in ungodly ways.

    Q: What are the things that bring you peace? How are you pursuing them?

    Allowing Jesus to be the Prince of Peace in your thought life is a tremendous way of having victory