Real Men Matter Today
We need men willing to be leaders, influencers, husbands, and fathers. There are
too many children in America with an absent father. We are at the greatest time in history
where mothers are single, raising their children alone with no father or male role model.
In the Men’s Journey to Freedom video Day 29, Mike Hatch gives powerful statistics
that show the importance of a father in the home. These statistics, compiled by Mike Hatch
over a period of years, reflect the devastation that happens when men are not in place and
not in the lives of their families.
Fatherless homes account for:
Children from fatherless homes:
- 63% of all youth suicides (Travis)
- 90% of homeless or runaway children (O’Block)
- 85% of children exhibiting behavioral issues (O’Block)
- 80% of rapists motivated by displaced anger (Criminal Justice)
- 71% of all High School dropouts (Travis)
- 85% of youth in prison (Parentless Statistics)
- Are five times more likely to commit suicide (O’Block)
- Thirty-two times more likely to run away (O’Block)
- Twenty times more likely to exhibit behavioral disorders (O’Block)
- Fourteen times more likely to commit rape, in the case of young men (O’Block)
- Nine times more likely to drop out of High School
- Twenty times more likely to end up in prison (O’Block)
- Girls are two and a half times more likely to get pregnant and 53% more likely to
commit suicide. (Department of Health)
- Boys are 60% more likely to run away and 30% more likely to abuse drugs.
We need fathers today. Men matter to their families, their spouses, and their children. The
role of men and fathers contribute greatly to the backbone of society. We need men in
position as fathers, husbands, and leaders.